Vehicle & Plant Technician
Vehicle & Plant Technician
An exciting opportunity has arisen due to continued growth for an experienced Vehicle & Plant Technician to join the team at our Bawtry Depot, South Yorkshire. McCulloch Rail have been established for over 28 years and have expanded to have 4 yards/offices based in Scotland, Doncaster, Luton.
Perform preventive and regular maintenance and repairs to an extensive fleet of vehicles, plant and equipment. You will be responsible for helping the company maintain and improve their high reliability levels for plant performance. The successful candidate will work closely with the Engineering Manager to deliver planned maintenance and unique projects on time in a professional capacity. The role will also rely on using the company’s software programmes to record maintenance activities on time and in a proficient manner.
The successful candidate will be expected to be available to work 2 x weekends on the railway per month depending on the business needs. The role could involve working away from home for a period of up to 2 weeks in the UK and Internationally, with the potential for longer periods with prior agreement.
The role will be split between working at our Bawtry depot and off-site activities, visiting various different sites around England to maintain site-based vehicles and plant. This may also involve covering for other Plant & Vehicle Technicians at other Depots for holiday cover etc.
The company will provide all in-house training requirements and will look to actively invest and develop your skill set.
- Carry out all maintenance requirements and fault analysis with a view to maintain our high reliability on an ever-expanding fleet. You will be based at Bawtry, South Yorkshire but may be expected on occasion to travel to other depots nationwide.
- Prioritise work and deliver in a professional capacity.
- To work as part of the engineering team with the capability to work under your own initiative.
- Conduct fault finding and repair on all vehicles, plant and equipment.
- Promote safety, teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with Engineering Manager.
- Become proficient in the use of the company’s software programmes.
- Maintain and implement the company’s high health and safety values
- Be involved in challenging and exciting projects which may be used all over the world
- You may be required to mentor other Vehicle and Plant Technicians across the business.
The successful candidate must be competent in the use of a computer and devices (phones, tablets)
Full UK driving license
Time served in mechanical maintenance with at least 3 years’ experience
Excellent communication, interpersonal and reporting skills
Commitment to the highest professional engineering values and standards
- HGV Licence (Class 1)
- HGV maintenance experience
- Knowledge of operator’s licence
- Rail Plant Association assessed
Salary will be highly competitive
Job Related Vehicle available dependent on competence and qualifications
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday – 2 weekend shifts per month
- HGV 1 (Preferred)
- driving license (Required)
CV’s to email@example.com
Closing Date: 10th March 2021